WRAP stands for “Worldwide Responsible Accredited”, WRAP is the world’s largest independent certification program mainly focused on the apparel, footwear, and sewn products sectors, WRAP is a non-profit establishment keen to the promotion and Certification Audit principles of lawful, humane ethical manufacturing around the globe.
WRAP was officially incorporated in 2000., WRAP is the world’s largest labour and environmental certification program for labour in-depth consumer products manufacturing and processing. WRAP has grown to become a global leader in social compliance and a trusted independent supply chain partner for dozens of companies around the Globe.
WRAP is Encouraged by 25 international trade associations, including the International Apparel Federation, which represents 36 national associations and over 150,000 individual companies.
The WRAP principles cover basic processes that address labour practice, factory conditions, and environmental & customs compliance.
They consist of 12 following elements: Compliance with laws and workplace regulations
- There is a Prohibition of forced labour
- There is a Prohibition of child labour
- There is Prohibition of harassment or abuse
- It helps to provides Compensation and benefits
- Hours of work
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Health and safety
- Prohibition of discrimination
- Customs compliance
The wrap certification process involves following steps:
WRAP issued three levels of certification that are valid from six months to two years based on a facility’s compliance with WRAP’s 12 Principles.it is also depending on the final audit results and the length of time that the facility has held certification successfully.
- Application: Manufacturer first contacts WRAP for an audit request and sends back the completed application form and fee to initiate the certification process
- Self-Assessment: The facility must endorse commonly accepted international workplace standards, local laws and workplace regulations following the procedures represented in the WRAP Handbook and provide confirmation that they have been implemented for at least 45 days (not less than 90 days for new applicants).
- Monitoring: The facility then appoints and contacts a WRAP accredited auditor firm to get audited. The report and recommendations are sent to both the facility and WRAP
- Evaluation: WRAP staff may inform the facility that it needs to correct required procedures and have the monitor make an additional inspection and report or may recommend to the Certification Board that the factory be certified.
- Certification: There are three levels of WRAP certification – Platinum, Gold and Silver. The Certification Board studies the recommendation of the staff, including the monitor’s report, and votes to award or withhold certification.
In PM Consultancy, we have a team of WRAP qualified auditors in most major sourcing countries and we are able to provide reliable monitoring and reporting to support certification recommendations. With over 10+ years of experience of undertaking WRAP audits, we can help you the best through the process while confirming that professional audit standards are maintained.
if you want to know more how we can help you and your suppliers maintain compliance with ethical trading requirements. and if you have been looking for a highly experienced and professional team then, PM consultancy is there that will guide you in the best possible way. Contact us to get the solution to all of your problems.