The Amfori BSCI is the European social monitoring system for ethic sourcing initiated by the Brussels-based Foreign Trade Association (FTA).
Amfori BSCI is a business-driven initiative for companies engaged to improving working provisions in the global supply chain.
Amfori BSCI is a platform that came to existence in 2003 and has been used till now to enable the companies to trade with the objective of improving the social performance in their supply chain.
It helps companies in order to improve the visibility over their production and make the necessary improvements across the supply chains wherever possible.
BSCI cooperates hundreds of companies around one common Code of Conduct and supports them in their efforts to build an ethical supply chain by providing them with a step-by-step development- oriented system, applicable to all sectors and all sourcing countries. BSCI participants commit to implement the Code in their supply chains. All BSCI Code of Conduct is built on the most important International Delegations protecting workers’ rights, notably the ILO Conventions and recommendations.
BSCI works to confront these challenges by offering one common Code of Conduct and one single Implementation System that implement all companies sourcing all types of products from all geographies to collectively address the complex worker and labour issues of their supply chain.
BSCI’s Certification supports companies or Businesses towards embedding more effective business practices which are shared with their business partners to gradually improve working conditions in their supply chain. To ease the implementation of the BSCI Code of Conduct, we develop – with the input of performing companies and stakeholders – a broad range of tools and activities to audit, train, share information and influence key actors towards improving labour and workers conditions in the supply chain of participating companies.
- One single Code of Conduct.
- One single Code of Conduct.
- One single Implementation System.
- Various tools and activities to support companies and manufacturers.
- For all retailers, importers and brand companies.
- For all types of products.
- For all sourcing countries.
The 10 principles of the Code of Conduct that BSCI participants commit to implement in their supply chains are following below :
- No Discrimination
- Fair Remuneration
- Decent Working Hours
- Occupational Health and Safety
- No Child Labour
- Protection of Young Workers
- No Precarious Employment
- No Bonded Labour
- Protection of the Environment
- Ethical Business Behaviour
Benefits of the Amfori BSCI:
- It provides the space for the data related to the supply chain information, and thus, allowing the companies with a better way to add their products and helps in mapping the supply chain all over the globe.
- It allows the members to make a request for the monitoring activities for the farms and the factories that are in their supply chains.
- Companies and the producers can track their records with the help of the results that are uploaded on the platform.
- The results can be shared for the members who share the producers and thus avoiding the duplication of the efforts and hence saving the money.
- This enables the producers to take an active role and thus helps in keeping the information up to date and adds peers in order to get the training opportunities and to have an overall view of their performance.
- This platform hosts library resources and tutorials in order to supply chain actors with a varying level of knowledge.
PM consultancy is a company that comprises of hard-working, talented and experienced professionals that provide the best-known services to the clients. So, if you have been looking for a highly experienced and professional team then, PM consultancy is there that will guide you in the best possible way. Contact us to get the solution to all of your problems.